Holiday weekend is here and we’re going to need you to put aside what you know and give these awesome acts a shot this weekend. Jukely members have access to all of them, so get listening and going…
1. Salt Cathedral @ Le Poisson Rouge – THU, 7:30PM
Brooklyn-based alternative electronic experimental folk-pop outfit.
2. Surf Rock Is Dead @ Alphaville – THU, 7:30PM
Chicago // Melbourne-based dreamy, shoegazy, surf-rock and synth-pop band.
3. Sepalcure (Live) @ Good Room – THU, 10PM
Experimental underground bass and tech-house fusion duo made up of Praveen and Machinedrum.
4. Paul de Jong @ National Sawdust – THU, 10:30PM
Experimental noise cellist, songwriter, and electronic producer. Co-founder of indie electronic collagist duo the Books.
5. ATELLER @ Pianos – FRI, 7PM
Alternative hip-hop and rock one man band.
6. Jenn Mundia @ C’mon Everybody – FRI, 8PM
Brooklyn, New York-based acoustic soul singer, songwriter, and guitarist.
7. LazyEyes @ American Beauty – FRI, 9PM
Lo-fi indie shoegaze three-piece from Brooklyn. Smart, quick chords and melodic vocals. Like an alt Vampire Weekend.
8. Twin Primes @ Knitting Factory – FRI, 9PM
Brooklyn-based electronic post-rock and synth shoegaze project of Omar Ahmad.
9. Hannah Wants @ Wesbter Hall – FRI, 10PM
UK based electronic progressive, deep house and heavy bass DJ and producer.
10. Poolside (DJ Set) @ Good Room – SAT, 10PM
Los Angeles-based daytime disco duo, with fat bass lines, and grooves for days. Perfect for a…pool side…playlist.
11. Kidnap Kid @ House of Yes – SUN, 10PM
Ethereal future-garage and ambient melodic dub-house. A spiritually lifting experience. Deep, visceral sets.