Shower beers are pretty universally known. Ever had an extremely long day and wanted to unwind? There’s nothing quite like an ice cold beer in a hot shower. Or even getting ready – you’re in a time crunch, need to shower, and want to have a beer. Shower beers to the rescue again.
But what are shower beers missing? It feels wrong to ask that question about something so pure and simple. And yet there can be improvements and that’s where the pool beer comes in. Here are six reasons why pool beers are a better version of shower beers:
- Shower beers are missing scenery. Imagine you’re in the shower, drinking a beer, but instead of looking at that moldy tile you told your roommate to bleach last week, you’re looking out at a nice beach. Or the sun is shining on you as you swim around on a rooftop.
- It’s pretty rare you can convince your friends to join your shower beer sessions. Pools are essentially large baths you’re taking with your friends and strangers. Take that as you will.
- If you’re in a pool instead of a shower, you don’t have to worry about water from the shower accidentally sneaking into your beer.
- Koozies. They make beers float. How? Why? Science, probably. Either way, I’m into it.
- There’s no real obligation to get clean. It’s all the fun of the shower beer without the responsibility of using soap.
- You get to soak up the vitamin D from the sun, which is basically the health equivalent of running a marathon [Editor’s Note: It isn’t].
Convinced? Here’s where to try out pool beers for yourself this MMW.
Tuesday, March 21
Kings of House NYC – 12 PM-10 PM – National Hotel
Serafin & Friends present Tasty Tuesdays – 12 PM-8 PM – The Dream Hotel South Beach
Wednesday, March 22
Axtone Miami Pool Party – 2 PM-11 PM – Delano Beach Club
The Magician presents Potion Pool Party – 12 PM-11 PM – The Confidante Hotel
Spinnin’ Sessions Miami 2017 – 12 PM-11 PM – Nautilus Cabana Club
Luciano Meets Guy Gerber – 12 PM-11 PM – Hyde Beach
DJ Mag Poolside Sessions – 12 PM-10 PM – Raleigh Hotel
Parazhit Pool Party (Radio Showcase) – 1 PM-11 PM – The Dream Hotel South Beach
Deeperfect Miami – 12 PM-11 PM – Surfcomber
Enormous Tunes Pool Party Hosted by TPC Music – 12 PM-12 AM – W Miami
Thursday, March 23
Oliver Heldens presents Heldeep Pool – 2 PM-11 PM – Delano Beach Club
Sexy By Nature Pool Party w/ Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano – 1 PM-11 PM – Shelbourne Hotel
DOORN Records Pool Party – 12 PM-11 PM – Nautilus Cabana Club
Sunshine Grooves: Autograf, Will Clarke, Billy Kenny, Saint Wknd, Sluggers + more – 12 PM-9 PM – W Miami
Jacked Beach – 12 PM-11 PM – Hyde Beach
Yoshitoshi ft Sharam, Steve Lawler, and more – 12 PM-10 PM – Surfcomber
All Gone Pete Tong – 12 PM-10 PM – National Hotel
IN THE LOOP – 12 PM-11 PM – Epic Hotel
Mixmash Miami – 12 PM-11 PM – Nikki Beach
Robin Schulz & Friends Pool Party – 12 PM-11 PM – The Confidante Hotel
Friday, March 24
MK & Friends – 12 PM-10 PM – Surfcomber
Dimitri Vegas | Like Mike – 12 PM-11 PM – Hyde Beach
HECTOR presents Vatos Locos Miami – 12 PM-10 PM – National Hotel
Heartfeldt Pool Party – 12 PM-11 PM – Nautilus Cabana Club
TOOLROOM in STEREO Pool Party – 12 PM-10 PM – Raleigh Hotel
Reload Pool Parties – 1 PM-7 PM – Shore Club
Welcome 2 Miami 9th Annual Festival Poolside – 12 PM-11 PM – Epic Hotel
Guy Gerber presents RUMORS – 2 PM-11 PM – Delano Beach Club
Splash Miami Pool Party w/A-trak, Mija & More – 1 PM-11 PM – Shelborne Hotel
House Music All Day Long – 12 PM-9 PM – W Miami
Saturday, March 25
Sonic Flo Music Festival presents LoveHouse – 12 PM-7 PM – Shore Club
Lost Frequencies & Friends Pool Party – 12 PM-11 PM – The Confidante Hotel
Roger Sanchez presents UNDR THE WATR – 12 PM-11 PM – Epic Hotel
Nervo Nation – 12 PM-11 PM – Hyde Beach
12th Annual Get Wet with Boris & Friends – 12 PM-10 PM – Raleigh Hotel
Electric Splash Rooftop Pool Party – 12 PM-9 PM – W Miami
Miami in Session – 12 PM-8 PM – Mondrian South Beach
Spinnin’ Premium Pool Party – 12 PM-11 PM – Nautilus Cabana Club
Punks Pool Party – 12 PM-9 PM – Albion Hotel
Spinnin Deep Miami 2017 – 12 PM-11 PM – Nautilus Cabana Club
Sunday, March 26
Sunday Calling – 12 PM-9 PM – W Miami
Klingande’s Playground Pool Party – 2 PM-11 PM – Delano Beach Club
Sosumi x HOTL x Subed Pool Party – 12 PM-11 PM – Epic Hotel
Anjunabeats Miami – 12 PM-10 PM – Raleigh Hotel
KMS 30 Year Anniversary – 12 PM-10 PM – Surfcomber
Erick Morillo & Friends Birthday Pool Party – 12 PM-10 PM – National Hotel
Sunday Social Florida – 12 PM-7 PM – Shore Club
Repopulate Mars w/ Lee Foss, Justin Martin, Kenny Glasgow – 12 PM-11 PM – The Confidante Hotel
CARNAGE | ASOC BEACH – 12 PM-11 PM – Hyde Beach