I’m always an advocate of saying yes to going out and doing things, but as you probably have experience plenty of times before, that’s easier said than done. There’s always an excuse to say no.
“it’s too expensive.”
“I don’t know any of the artists.”
Well, now I bring you an event that you can’t say no to. Brooklyn Overground is throwing a party this Saturday and there is zero reason anybody shouldn’t show up.
And why is that? Here are the highlights:
- It’s free (with RSVP, literally just put your name down).
- It’s a lineup of all local New York artists. Support your community!
- The thing you do have to pay for, drinks, will be donating a portion of their proceeds to Free Arts NYC, an arts education charity that provides youths with the opportunity to further their passions in art, music, and more.
- Arts education! You are giving money so kids can learn music, art, and all those great things that make them better people.
- Did I mention it’s free to get in and you’re out there for a good cause?
The lineup for the event includes Agstract i.M.i, Hundreds | Thousands (DJ Set), Matt Bowen, Mosie (actually from Boston, but we can forgive that), Sam Setton, and Whit.
Brooklyn Overground’s whole mission is to promote new and up-and-coming artists, and that naturally extends to promoting arts education. This event does just that. So what’s your excuse for not showing up for a good cause?
Brooklyn Overground – April 21
Date & Time:
April 21st, 2018 | 9 PM
93 Scott Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11237